The Convention Schedule
A Note from Caribbean Dental Program Inc (CDP)
Due to the ongoing concern regarding the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 Convention has been postponed. Please click here for a message from our founder, Dr. Victor Eastmond.
Convention Schedule: 2020
The Accra Beach Resort Hotel & Spa
Christ Church, Barbados
It is hoped that delegates and lecturers will participate in the social events. It is recommended you walk with your camera while experiencing the local culture.
- Yoga will take place on the lawn for one hour on 14th @ 7:30am but on 15th, 16th; 17th; and 19th 2020 @ 6:45 a.m. Persons can supply their own mats or use one that will be available from the Secretariat. The class is for one hour and there are facilities for delegates to freshen up before lectures commence.
- The Opening Ceremony & Cocktail Reception: it is hoped that the Prime Minister, The Hon. Mia Amor Mottley and/or the Minister of Health and other dignitaries will be present at this official opening ceremony along with lecturers and delegates. This is followed by a “Meet & Greet Reception” hosted by CDP & Accra Beach Hotel & Spa. Dress is elegant.
- A Sunset Cruise on Wednesday: the cruise is sponsored by Mr. Ralph Weekes who gives a presentation on finance prior to departure. Transport leaves on Wednesday at 5.00 p.m. The Jolly Roger Pirate Ship departs at 5.30 for the cruise. Food, a bar and music will be included. Ticket are available from the Secretariat. Dress is casual.
- The Convention Dinner Floor Show and Dance: This will be hosted on Thursday at Accra Beach Hotel and includes music by a live band, floorshow and buffet dinner. Delegates must obtain tickets for this catered event from the Secretariat. Party Dress
- Free Evening on Friday: this provides delegates free time to explore and enjoy Barbados
- “OISTINS” Fish Fry on Saturday: delegates are requested to meet at Marcia’s Fish Fry at 6.00 p.m. to experience the local culture, food, drink, karaoke & display of local craft for purchase. Dress is casual.